Hoop and Health Website Link

Gregg Johnson, pioneer Physical Therapist, teaches the approach of "Functional Mobilization" which also can be achieved with the hoola hoop!
Joseph Pilates understood that "all movement comes from the core" & "moving without tension causes more body awareness" . This can be felt with the hoola hoop!
Dr. JP Barral, world acclaimed Osteopath, says " An organ in good health has physiological movement" and the hoop causes movement within the abdomen often resulting in organ stimulation
Ola Grimsby, world renowned Physical Therapist, says "Movement is the key to life"


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Getting To Know Jodi


My name is Jodi and I am a licensed Physical Therapist. I received my degree from the University of Florida in 1998, where I was a member of the gymnastics team. I have been practicing P.T. for eleven years. I began my career working with stroke patients. With a strong neurological background, I trained and received certification in Pilates Rehabilitation in 2003 through Polestar Pilates in Miami. Next, I got extensive training in Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitaion (PNF), through the Institute of Physical Art, became a Certified Functional Manual Therapist (CFMT), and graduated through the organization in 2006.

I have also been trained in pain management through David Butler courses and Visceral Manipulation through The Barral Institute. I am always looking to expand my tool box and have found hoola hooping to also be a marvelous adjunct in my practice.

I began hoola hooping again after my friend, Stephanie Moses a certified hypnotherapist, noticed my spine had become stiff while I was walking. It was amazing how quickly my spine became suppler once I began hooping again. This exercise was fun and beneficial!

Jodi Jainchill PT, CFMT

No comments:

Post a Comment